Rugged, 14-port Gigabit Managed Ethernet Switch with 2 SFP Sockets from Diamond Systems
Standalone Layer 2+ Ethernet switch targets harsh environment applications
Mountain View, Calif. December 2013 – Diamond Systems, a global developer of compact, rugged, I/O-rich embedded computing solutions for a broad range of real-world applications, today unveiled Epsilon-12G2. The rugged, managed Layer 2+ Ethernet switch module offers twelve 10/100/1000 Mbps copper twisted pair ports and two small form factor pluggable (SFP) sockets in a compact COM Express form factor.
The new standalone switch does not require any host computer interface. A 480 MHz MIPS processor embedded directly into the switch manages all switch functions. The processor is accessed via an in-band web interface over one of the Ethernet ports or via an out-of-band command-line interface over an RS-232 serial port. The integrated web interface provides an intuitive GUI for configuring and managing all switch functionality.
On-board memory holds dual application images, boot code, MAC addresses and other parameters, and can also be used for program execution.
Designed for use in rugged applications including industrial, on-vehicle and military environments, Epsilon-12G2 operates over an extended temperature range of -40°C to +85°C. All I/O connectors are latching, providing enhanced reliability over the RJ-45 connectors used in commercial Ethernet switches. A 50% thicker PCB provides better protection against vibration in vehicle environments. The +5 V to +40 V wide range DC/DC power supply is compatible with all common vehicle and industrial power sources.
The switch’s dual SFP socket interfaces to 1 G fiber Ethernet networks. One port can operate at an enhanced 2.5 G to support efficient stacking of two switches together for a combined total of 26 ports.
Epsilon-12G2 comes with all the required firmware preconfigured, enabling immediate operation without any development effort.
- 12 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet ports
- 1 1 G and 1 2.5 G SFP socket
- Built-in microcontroller for configuration and management
- RS-232 serial interface for out-of-band management interface
- +5 V to +40 V wide range DC/DC power supply
- COM Express form factor (95 mm x 125 mm)
- -40°C to +85°C operating temperature
Advanced Ethernet Features
- Dual leaky bucket policers with remarking and statistics
- Jumbo frame support at all speeds
- 8K MAC addresses and 4K VLANs (IEEE 802.1Q)
- 8K IPv4 and IPv6 multicast group support
- Flexible link aggregation support based on Layer-2 through Layer-4 information (IEEE 802.3ad)
- Multicast and broadcast storm control, as well as flooding control
- Rapid Spanning Tree protocol (RSTP) and MSTP
- 8 priorities and 8 QoS queues per port with scheduling
- Shaping/policing per queue and per port
- Multiple protocol support: IEEE 802.1d, IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE 802.1X
Pricing and Availability
The Epsilon-12G2 14-Port Gigabit Managed Ethernet Switch is shipping now. Single unit pricing starts at US $800. A separate cable kit is available: CK-EPS12G2.
For more information, call 800-367-2104, visit http://www.diamondsystems.com/products/epsilon12g2 or contact email@example.com.